There is no shortage of nutritional supplements that you can find in the market. Additionally, many of these products have shown positive effects that are backed by science. While there are ones that can only be compared to modern-day snake oil.
If you are looking for a supplement that has demonstrated major benefits for the body and brain. Then you should consider taking Curcumin or Turmeric. However, curcumin supplements are known to have poor bioavailability.
The BCM-95 (also known as Biocurcumin). Includes the full spectrum of the turmeric volatile oils. And has improved absorption. Furthermore, it is a patented formulation and has shown promising benefits.
What is BCM-95?
As mentioned, curcumin has poor availability. And only 50 – 60% are absorbed by the body (based on animal tests).
This is a fairly significant barrier to the use of the supplement to treat diseases. Accordingly, the makers of BCM-95 overcomes this barrier. By combining Ar-turmerone (Turmeric’s essential oil) with curcumin extract. This increases the bioavailability of the supplement. And also, the absorption rate has been improved up to 96%.
Furthermore, the supplement can now be absorbed into the bloodstream and remain in circulation for up to 8 hours.
What are the Benefits of the BCM-95 Supplement?
For the uninitiated, curcumin is the main active compound in the Indian spice turmeric.
While it’s known to be responsible for the spice’s brilliant gold color. It also provides some impressive benefits for the body and brain. Here are the main reasons why this remarkable supplement should be added to your diet:
1. Natural Antidepressant
Clinical trial shows that curcumin has a great potential to be a natural antidepressant.
If you are someone who has tried antidepressants with little to no success. Or is wary of side effects, then you should consider taking BCM-95 supplements. According to a small study, curcumin rivals popular antidepressant Prozac.
Additionally, BCM is a highly absorbable curcumin extract. Which helps in increasing two main neurotransmitters associated with depression, dopamine, and serotonin.
Since BCM is considered a natural remedy. It doesn’t have the severe side-effects linked with most antidepressants.
2. Protects Against Brain Aging
Curcumin has been found to be effective in nourishing and protecting the brain in a number of ways.
For starters, taking curcumin supplements will facilitate increased blood flow to the brain. Which results in improved memory and focus. And while we’re on the subject of improved blood flow, curcumin does it as well as regular exercise.
Furthermore, taking this type of supplement will also increase your brain’s ability to change. And develop over your lifetime.
Many neurological disorders like anxiety, depression and Alzheimer’s. Are linked to DHA deficiency. It’s also a good thing that curcumin also enhances DHA synthesis.
3. Relief for Stress and Anxiety
There is not much research and studies done. When it comes to taking curcumin supplements for stress and anxiety. However, there are some notable ones that are worth mentioning.
- When taken with saffron (Crocus sativus). Curcumin can minimize anxiety and depression symptoms for people suffering severe mental disorders. Women undergoing PMS can also take curcumin supplements to minimize their anxiety.
- As mentioned, BCM-95 supplements are great for boosting DHA levels in the brain. DHA deficiency has been linked to multiple mental health disorders, including anxiety.
- In an animal test, rats that have been administered with curcumin. Have displayed normal cortisol balance. In case you don’t know, cortisol is the stress hormone.
Side Effects of BCM-95
Taking supplements with the chemical curcumin is safe. And generally doesn’t lead to significant side effects. However, there are still a couple of unpleasant side effects. And precautions to take into account:
- Gallbladder problems: If you have gallbladder issues like gallstones or bile duct obstruction. Then you should avoid taking curcumin supplements. As they will only make the issues worse
- Gastrointestinal problems: Taking large doses of BCM. Can result in unpleasant gastrointestinal side effects. Such as indigestion, gas and stomachache. Curcumin can also increase stomach acid which can cause ulcers.
- Diabetes: Curcumin may decrease blood sugar. Which can be dangerous for people with diabetes.
- Bleeding disorders: Curcumin can slow blood clotting. If you have bleeding problems, your risk of bruising and bleeding is higher.
- Infertility: Men who are taking BCM-95. Also run the risk of lowering their sperm movement and testosterone levels. If you are trying to conceive a baby, it’s best that you avoid taking BCM supplements.
Accordingly, like with all nutritional supplements. It’s always best to consult with your doctor before adding BCM to your diet.
BCM-95 is a very versatile supplement and its efficacy is backed by science.
Finally, while it provides impressive positive impacts to the body. It also really shines in improving mental health in general. Just make sure that you know the benefits and potential risks. Of introducing curcumin to your daily diet.
Looking for more supplements to help with your brain’s health? We've got you covered!